Cathedrals, Abbeys & Priories
- Byland Abbey Explores the history of Byland Abbey, near Ryedale, Yorkshire, England and other Cistercian abbeys in Yorkshire.
- Dryburgh Abbey Medieval Praemonstratensian Abbey set in tranquil parkland by the River Tweed near St. Boswell, Borders, Scotland.
- Durham Cathedral Official site providing details of the services, visitor information, events and choir.
- Fountains Abbey Official web site for Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden, Britain's largest monastic ruin and most complete Cistercian abbey. Yorkshire's only World Heritage site.
- Fountains Abbey: Virtual Tour and Brief History Comprehensive site with an image gallery of the abbey ruins. Includes information on the origins and ideals of the Cistercian order. Presented by Dr. Deborah Vess, Associate Professor of History, Georgia College and State University.
- Furness Abbey - Virtual Tour Tour Furness Abbey via an interactive floor plan.
- Jedburgh Abbey Brief history of Jedburgh Abbey, one of the border abbeys founded by David I around 1138 for Augustinian canons.
- Melrose Abbey and Its Historical Setting by Dr Bill Lonie BSc PhD FSA Scotland. Presented by the Melrose Historical Society.
- Rievaulx Abbey Brief history of Rievaulx Abbey, near Helmsley, Yorkshire, England.
- Ripon Cathedral Online Explore 1300 years of history and Christian worship in the Cathedral Church of the Yorkshire Dales. Follow in the footsteps of St Wilfrid, Lewis Carroll and the medieval archbishops of York.
- Rosslyn Chapel Official site of the Rosslyn Chapel Trust. Includes an image gallery and video clips of the chapel and its carvings.
- St. Bean's Church 13thC restored church of St Bean who preached among the Picts. Features photos of Pictish slab-crosses with Celtic patterns and symbols. Located in Fowlis Wester, Perthshire, Scotland.
- Torphichen Preceptory The history of Torphichen Preceptory, accompanied by several excellent photographs. A feature on the comprehensive Undiscovered Scotland site.
- York Minster UK Online Official Web site for York Minster, the largest gothic cathedral in northern Europe.
Also on Mostly Medieval:
Exploring the Middle Ages
Research articles about life in the Middle Ages. Ballads, religion, heraldry, medicine and more.
In the Exploring the Middle Ages section.
Backgrounds, letters, avatars and more for websites, blogs, and newsletters. Desktop wallpapers for personal use.
In the Downloads section.
The Merkat Cross
Books for all ages, movies, costumes for Halloween and Ren Faire, music and more – all related to the Middle Ages.
In the The Merkat Cross section.