Copying and displaying or distributing any part of this website without permission from the webmaster is prohibited. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution or copyright notice shall be made.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, please do not use this site.
All photographs, images, design elements, including HTML source coding and CSS, reviews, opinions, observations or other writings contained within Travels in the UK, except as noted on this page, are the intellectual property of the owner/designer of Travels in the UK, and are protected by U.S. copyright laws, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and international treaties.
Reproduction of this work, in whole or in part, including storage in electronic media, without the expressed permission of the owner is prohibited.
All images featured on this website are copyrighted, either by the owner of this website, or as listed below, and may not be reproduced, saved or linked to without permission from the copyright holder(s).
Exceptions and Credits
- Photographs copyrighted by Robin Simpson are noted in the "alt" tag for the photograph on the page on which they are used and are used with permission. More images like these can be viewed at Robin's photography website: Enchanted Visions.
- Photographs of Feversham Guesthouse, York, England are copyrighted by the owners of Feversham Guesthouse and are used with permission.
- Photographs of Castle Howard and Hermitage Castle are copyrighted by Risto Hurmalainen and are used with permission.
- Photograph of Torwood Lodge, Melrose, Scotland is copyrighted by the Yvonne and Alan Young and is used with permission.
- Photograph of Oaklands Bed and Breakfast, Laurieston, Falkirk, Scotland is used with permission from Penny Fattori.
- Photograph of Langley Castle Hotel, Haydon Bridge, Hexham, England is copyrighted by the owner of Langley Castle Hotel and is used with permission.
- Photograph of Bessiestown Country Guest House is copyrighted by the owner of Bessiestown Country Guest House and is used with permission.
- Photographs by Everett Guerney, Steve Roberts, R. F. McGhee and MacCoinich provided by stock.xchng, a community of photographers who generously offer their works to the public free of charge.
- The Mostly Medieval logo is adapted and modified from Plate 191 featured in Medieval Ornament, Dover Pictorial Archive Series, 2002, and is used within the guidelines of published permissions terms.
Also on Mostly Medieval:
Exploring the Middle AgesResearch articles about life in the Middle Ages. Ballads, religion, heraldry, medicine and more.
In the Exploring the Middle Ages section.
DownloadsBackgrounds, letters, avatars and more for websites, blogs, and newsletters. Desktop wallpapers for personal use.
In the Downloads section.
The Merkat CrossBooks for all ages, movies, costumes for Halloween and Ren Faire, music and more – all related to the Middle Ages.
In the The Merkat Cross section.