Dialects and Languages
For the more serious minded:
- Comparison of Irish and Scottish Gaelic Common phrases presented in English, Gaidhlig (Scottish Gaelic) and Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic) from SMO (Sabhal Mór Ostaig), a Further Education college in the island of Skye, Scotland.
- Faclair Gàidhlig - Beurla Complete text of MacFarlane's (Scottish-) Gaelic - English Dictionary.
- Gaelic Dictionaries Online A listing of Manx, Scottish and Irish Gaelic resources online.
- History of Language in Scotland An essay by Craig Cockburn covering 1000 years of language in Scotland.
- London Slang Page Comprehensive dictionary of London slang, including Cockney rhyming slang and other terms introduced by an influx of different cultures.
- Scots-Online.ORG Introduces modern non-regional traditional Scots orthography, grammar and idiom. Including an online Scots dictionary, Clishmaclaiver - the Scots language chatroom, articles about Scots, links and more.
Also on Mostly Medieval:
Exploring the Middle Ages
Research articles about life in the Middle Ages. Ballads, religion, heraldry, medicine and more.
In the Exploring the Middle Ages section.
Backgrounds, letters, avatars and more for websites, blogs, and newsletters. Desktop wallpapers for personal use.
In the Downloads section.
The Merkat Cross
Books for all ages, movies, costumes for Halloween and Ren Faire, music and more – all related to the Middle Ages.
In the The Merkat Cross section.