Museums, Galleries and E-cams
- 24 Hour Museum - UK Museums and Galleries The 24 Hour Museum is the UK gateway to museums, galleries and heritage attractions. It is quality controlled which means that only museums and galleries registered with the Museums & Galleries Commission, or non-profit making galleries, historic houses and heritage attractions are included on this site.
- British Museum The British Museum holds in trust for this and future generations one of the greatest collections of antiquities in the world. In depth site explores collections of several different cultures from prehistory to the present day.
- Heaton Cooper Studio Online Art Gallery A Lake District Art Materials Shop, in Grasmere, with a wide range of art materials and equipment available on line. Features galleries of landscapes by Alfred Heaton Cooper (1864-1929), William Heaton Cooper (1903-1995), Julian Cooper and Linda Cooper.
- Museum of Antiquities Located in Newcastle upon Tyne, the Museum of Antiquities holds an outstanding collection from the Roman frontier of Britain and objects of other periods. In depth online galleries.
- Museum of Scotland The virtual museum presents its land, its people and their achievements - through rich national collections. A stunning series of galleries takes you from Scotland's geological beginnings through time to the twentieth century.
- North York Moors CAM This is not a webcam as the name of the site may lead one to believe, but a series of photographic essays of walks on the York moors. Excellent photos make you feel as if you're right there with the photographer.
- Photographic Images of the North of England Collection of photographic images of the North of England, Lake District and Scotland. A wide selection from castles, historic sites, landscape and wildlife.
- Scottish, English and Irish live webcams Live cams and webcast events in England, Scotland and Ireland. Camera locales include Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Loch Ness, Trafalgar Square, Tower Bridge, the London skyline, Dublin and Belfast.
- Scotland's Colours, Unique Scottish Scenery A collection of pictures of the Scottish landscape by photographer Michael Murphy.
Also on Mostly Medieval:
Exploring the Middle Ages
Research articles about life in the Middle Ages. Ballads, religion, heraldry, medicine and more.
In the Exploring the Middle Ages section.
Backgrounds, letters, avatars and more for websites, blogs, and newsletters. Desktop wallpapers for personal use.
In the Downloads section.
The Merkat Cross
Books for all ages, movies, costumes for Halloween and Ren Faire, music and more – all related to the Middle Ages.
In the The Merkat Cross section.