Standing Stones and Monuments
- Angel of the North Historical notes, engineering, technical and construction plans for England's largest sculpture.
- Castlerigg Aerial and panoramic photographs are featured at this site about the stone circle near Keswick. Includes a detailed scale diagram showing the positions of the individual stones with notations on the seasonal rising and setting of the sun and moon.
- Devil's Arrows Standing Stones Presented by Megalithia - a site with information about megalithic stones including Stonehenge, Avebury, and Callanish. This page focuses on the Stone Row/Alignment of Devils Arrows in England, part of a grand tour of European prehistory. Includes several excellent photographs of the stones.
- Megalithic Mysteries In depth presentation of stone circles, cairns, monoliths and other archaeological sites. Impressive details and photographs.
- RCAHMS The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) records and interprets the sites, monuments and buildings of Scotland's past, promotes a greater appreciation of their value through the maintenance of the National Monuments Record of Scotland (NMRS) and presents them by means of publications and exhibitions. Features a comprehensive searchable database.
- Stone Pages Over 400 stone circles, dolmens, standing stones, cairns, barrows and hillforts in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France and Italy are explored at this site.
- Wallace Monument A brief history of the building of the monument. Features a selection of photographs, including the interior, spiral staircase and views from the top. Presented by the superb Undiscovered Scotland site.
- William Wallace Statue A brief history of William Wallace and the immense sandstone statue set on the side of the wooded Tweed valley.
Also on Mostly Medieval:
Exploring the Middle Ages
Research articles about life in the Middle Ages. Ballads, religion, heraldry, medicine and more.
In the Exploring the Middle Ages section.
Backgrounds, letters, avatars and more for websites, blogs, and newsletters. Desktop wallpapers for personal use.
In the Downloads section.
The Merkat Cross
Books for all ages, movies, costumes for Halloween and Ren Faire, music and more – all related to the Middle Ages.
In the The Merkat Cross section.